Facing the corner of Anda and Murralla Streets, this school was a result of two men’s concern for the welfare of Spanish orphan boys. Juan Alonso Jeronimo Guerrero, founded the first institution in 1620, Colegio de los Niños Huerfanos de San Juan de Letran and Fray Diego de Santa Maria began a similar task of housing and educating orphans in rooms adjacent to the lobby of the Santo Domingo convent, the Colegio de Huerfanos de San Pedro y San Pablo. In 1640 the two institutions merged as an exclusive school for the boys.
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Manila
- Colegio de Santa Rosa